08 June 2011

Pork chops and rice

Sometimes you are in the mood for something simple. Simple but delicious. Who doesn’t want that?

I decided to make some pork chops with rice. Something similar to “com tam thit nuong” but then the easy way.
I admit this doesn’t look easy at all. But it looks more complicated then it actually was. You see some rice, fried egg, pork chop, green beans, mushrooms and spring onions on a plate. Keep it easy and start with the pork chops. Everytime I'm making a meat dish I try to come up with the recipe one day ahead so the meat has time to marinate.

If I am using meat from the freezer I take it out before I go to bed. It defrosts over night and before I head to work I marinate it. I used some salt, pepper, garlic powder, sesame oil and oyster sauce. I store it in a container in the fridge till the hubby gets home and take it out so it can come back to room temperature.  
I told the hubby to cook some rice when he comes home so all I have to when I come home is to cook the rest. I had my little sister cooking the green beans and I was making the fish sauce while I baked the pork. I chopped some spring onions and fried them in some oil with some pepper and salt. In the same pan I baked the pork I sautéed the mushrooms. Then I cleaned that pan and fried one egg per person.
I love nice plated dishes and I wish I could plate thing up nicely. So jealous of people who can make their dish look like a painting. I guess that if I put my mind to it, I would be able to create something nice, but at home I like to keep it simple. Everything on one plate. For now I leave the presentation to the “professionals”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m curious by nature so please share whatever is on your mind.