28 June 2011

Peanut soup

I’ve been cooking loads of mini food with my mini molds but now it is time for a little break. Time for some real food. Something different…really different.
 
 

I used this to make my peanut sauce. Here in Holland we love our fries with peanut dipping sauce. I kinda made too much and I didn’t want it to go to waste so I turned it into peanut soup. It was dead simple.


This is what I used:
-          2 chicken legs and thighs
-          half a can of corn (about 4 tablespoons)
-          4 middle sized potatoes chopped in squares
-          peanut sauce (store bought)
-          salt and pepper, hot sauce
-          chopped spring onion
I stared with making a bouillon with the chicken legs and thighs. This means that after I rinsed them they went into boiling water with some salt till they were soft. Then I got the chicken out and let them cool a bit.

Now it was time to add the peanut sauce and the potatoes. Boil this till the potatoes are done.

In the meantime the chicken was cold enough to handle so I removed the skin and shred the chicken meat. Depending on your preference you can have big or small junks. I kept this aside till the last couple of minutes.
When they potatoes were soft I added the chicken, the corn and some dashes of hot sauce and let it boil for a little bit longer. A last taste test and then it was time to eat! To add more color I added some chopped spring onions.
The soup was so flavorful and even better the next day. I don’t think you can substitute the peanut sauce for peanut butter, but who knows. Make sure you try a small amount first!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that looks fabulous! I can imagine how yummy the peanut is with the chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, first of all, eating fries with peanut sauce is brilliant and I can't figure out why I never thought of it. Secondly, the soup looks wonderful and I have to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like satay sauce and this peanut soup with spices sounds very tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I’m curious by nature so please share whatever is on your mind.