I’ve been cooking loads of mini food with my mini molds but now it is time for a little break. Time for some real food. Something different…really different.
I used this to make my peanut sauce. Here in
we love our fries with peanut dipping sauce. I kinda made too much and I didn’t want it to go to waste so I turned it into peanut soup. It was dead simple. Holland
This is what I used:
- 2 chicken legs and thighs
- half a can of corn (about 4 tablespoons)
- 4 middle sized potatoes chopped in squares
- peanut sauce (store bought)
- salt and pepper, hot sauce
- chopped spring onionI stared with making a bouillon with the chicken legs and thighs. This means that after I rinsed them they went into boiling water with some salt till they were soft. Then I got the chicken out and let them cool a bit.
Now it was time to add the peanut sauce and the potatoes. Boil this till the potatoes are done.
In the meantime the chicken was cold enough to handle so I removed the skin and shred the chicken meat. Depending on your preference you can have big or small junks. I kept this aside till the last couple of minutes.When they potatoes were soft I added the chicken, the corn and some dashes of hot sauce and let it boil for a little bit longer. A last taste test and then it was time to eat! To add more color I added some chopped spring onions.
The soup was so flavorful and even better the next day. I don’t think you can substitute the peanut sauce for peanut butter, but who knows. Make sure you try a small amount first!