23 April 2011

Tomato salsa

Yesterday I made tomato salsa for the guys who would be helping us to do our yard today. We have been living in our new house for more then a year now and we still haven’t done our back yard. We’ve been looking for several tiles, but none of them really rocked our boat. And I guess it wasn’t priority to do it, but two weeks ago we decided to just give it a go. We bought tiles online, even without seeing or touching them. They did have a photo on their website, but it is still different then when you actually get to see and touch them. But we decided to just buy them and get it over with. At this point, everything would go. So we ordered them on Thursday and Friday I had a phone call they could deliver on Tuesday. That was fast service! So today me and the hubby, his friend and my sister’s bf got at it and prepared the yard so that we could lay the tiles. During break time the guys were enjoying some nice salsa with tortilla chips.
Our yard isn’t big, but we just couldn’t get ourselves to do it. Well we couldn’t decide on tiles. So this was our view for the first two years. We just had enough tiles to take us to the shed.
And this is what we accomplished today. One straight runway to the bbq! Lucky the troops are coming, because the hubby can't take it anymore. Everything is aching! My dad and uncle will help us laying the tiles this Monday so after this we can finely enjoy our back yard.

I thought the guys would enjoy a nice salsa today so I made it one day ahead so all the flavors can marry. And if you’ll have to wait for it, it will taste a lot better!
I used halve a lemon, 3 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 purple onion and some cilantro.
As I like to build up layers of flavor I started with the strongest one. I diced or more like minced the garlic with a very sharp knife. Then I squeezed halve a lemon on the garlic and stir in 2 teaspoons of sugar.
It’s almost like I’m making sweet and sour garlic bits.
Then I added the finely diced purple onion.
Of course tomato salsa has to have tomatoes, so I used 3 fairly large tomatoes, removed the seeds and diced them finely.
Last but not least I added some finely chopped cilantro to the party. Then I had a taste and added a little sprinkle of salt and lots of fresh grounded pepper.
I mixed everything together and let them party all night in my fridge.
Today at half time I put all the salsa in a bowl and served them with some tortilla chips. The 3 guys rather ate this then a sandwich and due to all the hard labor they manage to finish it all. Guys will never say no to chips and it helps if you pair it with some home made salsa. They’ll be eating veggies and they will like it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi m sam parker i am a designiner and now m working on blogs i m learn about the blogs when m searching bolgs on google then i found your bolg its good for me because your bolg is very good your blogs desigin is very good i like it its realy help me to get an idea about how to design a blog

    ReplyDelete

I’m curious by nature so please share whatever is on your mind.