09 April 2011

Italian meatballs on rice

I am on a roll today! Cookies, blogging and easy dinner. I manage to make oatmeal cookies in between play time with Spyros (my neighbor's kid). When it was time for his late lunch I went home and wisk up the cookies. When they were in the oven I went back for some more play time. He is such happy kid. One of the few who loves vegies and fruits. And I think he likes the cookies also, at least he ate one.

I didn't return home till 6 something. The plan for today was to make stuffed tofu with fresh tomato sauce, but I didn't had enough ingredients to make the stuffing. So I had to change plans. I used the meat I intended to use for the stuffing to make meatballs. Little sister already made rice and I needed something to go with that. Anything will go with rice...I think. Anyways I bought a big bunch of fresh flat leaf parsely so I wanted to use that in the meatballs.
I used some grounded beef, added some salt, pepper, garlic powder, bread crumbs, one egg and some chopped parsley. I got my hands dirty and mixed everything together. After that I made big balls and sprinkled some bread crumbs and pepper on top.
I baked the balls on 200 degrees for about 20 minutes till they turn golden brown.
I wanted some kind of sauce to with with the balls, but I didn't want to make it from scratch. I had some spicy tomato soup in my pantry and I thought that would go well with the meatballs. So I heated the soup, added a little bit of cinnamon and the meatballs and cooked them together for a few minutes. Before serving I added some fresh basil leaves.
I ate the meatballs with rice. And it's true what people say; anything can go with rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’m curious by nature so please share whatever is on your mind.