16 June 2012

Fried chicken fingers

The Dutchies are very very nuts about soccer and the last few weeks the streets were decorated with orange flags. Holland has one more chance to go to the next round, but if they lose the next game I’m sure all the orange will disappear soon. I’m not a big fan of soccer. Well I’m not a fan at all, so while my hubby is watching the game I had time to prepare some finger food. I wanted to buy some chicken nuggets at the supermarket, but when I saw that only 80% was chicken and the other 20% something else I decided to make some myself. At least it will have 100% chicken in it.
I used 3 chicken breasts which I rinsed, dried and cut in finger size bits.
Then I set up my batter station.
To my store bought bread crumbs I added some salt, pepper, garlic powder and some freshly minced parsley.
To get a really nice crust on the chicken I covered it first with some plain flour. Then it went in the egg mixture and last in the bread crumbs. I know I could probably bake them in the oven, but since we were all pretty hungry I fried them in some oil.
It only takes a couple of minutes to brown and after they are done I drained them on a piece of paper.
The chicken fingers were so good they disappeared in no time.
The parsley really gave it a nice touch and although I didn’t season the chicken first they were still full of flavor and super moist.
My hubby already said no more KFC for him since these chicken fingers were way better!

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend. I'm going back to the kitchen for a father's day
Black Forest cake or Schwarzwälder Kirsch cake.

7 comments:

  1. I'm a Bayern Munich fan so even though I'm well behind Germany in the Euro, my heart goes out to Arjen Robben :) I'm wishing the Netherlands well tomorrow...although, it will take a MIRACLE to get them through. But enough football talk! These chicken fingers look scrumptious! Me likey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my kids' favorite and I agree with your hubby, homemade one is easy and delicious! If it's same deep fried food, you use better oil at home and much healthier than store bought deep fried food. Looks delicious Lilly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea, like you say at least you know what's gone in to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious looking snacks and to serve with meals

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love batter station cookery, Lilly. These knock KFC right out of the park. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lily, those chicken fingers look droolworthy indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I’m curious by nature so please share whatever is on your mind.